GYRO DISTRICT III
Small Club Fund
It is important for all DIII Gyros to know that at our Sept 12, 2014 DIII AGM in Syracuse NY, the rules regarding the DIII Small Club Fund were revised to make it easier to use. The whole idea of the new rules is make it super easy for a Gyro to get reimbursed if he brings a guest(s) to a Gyro meeting. All the committee approvals are eliminated and he simply has to apply directly to the District Treasurer for reimbursement following the guidelines below. And you will note that in the Article XIII revisions that District Treasurer also has a replenishment method should the fund balance fall below $500. The revisions are as follows:
- Gyro members in clubs that have a current membership of less than 50 members shall be eligible to use the Fund.
- The amount of guest reimbursement shall be the lesser of the cost of the Gyro event or $50 per person or $100 per couple.
- The Fund may not be used for a guest reimbursement more than twice for the same guest.
- The total number of guest reimbursements per year shall not exceed $1000 unless based on demand the Board of Trustees determines new maximum amount should be established.
- Guests to Gyro events shall be reimbursed on a “first come, first served” basis.
- The Gyro member seeking reimbursement for an invited guest or guests shall provide the Secretary Treasurer within 60 days of the event, via email, regular mail or otherwise, evidence of his expenditure of funds. Such evidence shall include the name or names and address(es) of the guest(s) and, for example, a cancelled check or a statement from the club treasurer that the funds have been spent.
- The Secretary Treasurer shall issue a reimbursement check to the requesting member within 14 days of receiving an acceptable request for reimbursement.
Copyright © 2003- Gyro District
- All Rights Reserved